Thursday, October 20, 2016

New Techniques

In September, my mother-in-law and I went to a Stamp & Scrapbook Expo and went to a couple of JustRite Stampers workshops.  One of them was on background techniques, specifically combining background stamps.  We worked on making the background for this card:
The colors come from Gelatos and this is the first time I had given them a try.  I do like the look they give.  And there is even a bit of shimmer, which is fun!  Then we layered a second background stamp over both the background panel and the sentiment panel.  I might have to get me some of those Gelatos, it was pretty fun.
Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite Stampers "Crackle" background stamp, "Honeycomb" background stamp, "Retro Sparkle" background stamp; Verve "Peace On Earth" sentiment

Challenges:
Sweet Stampin'--seeing spots and/or stripes 
C.R.A.F.T. #386--Christmas
Addicted To Stamps #216--anything goes
Crafter's Cafe--use a new technique (gelato backgrounds)
Snowflakes Promise #31--anything goes
Craft Your Passion #339--anything goes
A Blog Named Hero--geometric (circle background)



9 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Great background - and I love my gelatos just "forget" to get them out. I'm thinking you might have inspired me.

Kathy S said...

Beautiful Heather! Saw this over at A Blog Named Hero and wanted to stop by to comment. Take care.

Sammy said...

Very, very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a beautiful arty Christmas card. I love your layout and the techniques you've used. This is just perfect for our 'Spots And/or Stripes' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 303 - hope to see you again soon x

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely work, thanks for sharing with A Snowflake Promise!

Betty said...

wonderful card Heather - such pretty soft colors - and TFS on A Blog Named Hero - good luck!

MagsB said...

I love the background! A lovely card, Heather, the soft colours are so pretty! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

sweet art designs said...

You nailed the technique. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT