Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Take Flight

Welcome to another What If? Wednesday challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a sketch for you:
This is a fun one, and here is my card:
My brother is going through some tough decisions regarding work and I thought this would make a good encouragement for him.  I started by stamping the clouds in a light blue and then I stamped the plane in red over them.  I separated the sentiment into two sections by masking it and inking up the parts I wanted to use for each section.  Head on over to The House blog for the full details and make sure you check out what the rest of the DT did with this sketch.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "9111 Bi-plane Silhouette", "3403 Clouds" and "9117 Dreams Take Flight"
Dies: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large" and "Banners"
Papers: Pink Paislee "Declaration"

Challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps #328--seeing Double (I used both the plane and the clouds images)
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #226--anything goes with snippets (the white card stock is all from snippets and the papers were left over from other projects)
Brown Sugar Challenge #195--anything goes
One Stitch At A Time #260--wings (planes have wings)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper--anything goes with patterned paper
Inky Impressions--Let's hear it for the boys
Shopping Our Stash #249--think ink (I used ink to sponge the edges of the circle die and the banner die, and I used ink for stamping, but NO coloring)
Tuesday Throwdown #291--anything goes



8 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful masculine card that you created with this sketch. Love it!

Debi said...

Great card. Love bright the color scheme and encouraging sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi TT DT

Di said...

Brilliant card Heather! Just perfect for your brother - great design!

Lovely to see you in the Playground

Hugs

Di xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card and a great take on the sketch!
Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Think Ink" challenge this week!!

Cheri said...

Heather your take on this sketch is fabulous. Great choice of stamps to use and the color combination of dp adds the surprise of "texture" to it.

Planetsusie said...

I love this card Heather and that sketch is wonderful - methinks I am going to have to borrow this one myself!! LOL. Such a great colour and paper choice. Thank you so much for entering the OSAAT (AG with wings) Challenge this time, lot of luck to you and I hope you come back again soon. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

Catie Cuddles said...

I'm sure the bright card will help cheer your brother on!

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.

Happy crafting!

Catherine ( DT ) x

Catie Cuddles said...

I'm sure the bright card will help cheer your brother on!

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.

Happy crafting!

Catherine ( DT ) x