Wednesday, July 22, 2015

You Make Me Smile

So, here it is Wednesday again!  That means it's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built and this week it is a sketch.  Here it is:

And here is my card based on it:
I love a good sketch and almost always begin with one when I start creating a card.  But, I have to admit, that tilted square (or maybe it's a diamond) had me stumped for quite a while.  I had in mind using a frame to accentuate my image, but I couldn't find the right sized die I wanted to use.  Lol!  You see, I am a very messy crafter and my desk gets covered in everything while I'm creating and I think the die I wanted is buried in there somewhere.  So, I had to go on to plan B and I found this fun square shape and had the brilliant idea to do a bit of spotlighting on my card--only coloring the part of the image that is on the square.  I think it turned out kind of fun.  CAS but sort of not at the same time.  Anyway, now it's time to hop on over to The House blog and see how the rest of the DT has interpreted this sketch.  Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
MFT Summer School Session #2--secondary colors (I have purple and green and the flower centers are an orangy yellow)
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #23--inspiration photo (I was inspired by the deep purple and the daisy cookies)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982012353977/
Aud Sentiments #382--anything goes
Little Miss Muffet #116--anything goes
Creative Fingers #89--anything goes
Time Out Challenge #35--nature with the optional twist: animals

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "9705-M. Jar", "9706-U. Flowers" and "8602-W. Smile"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle; Spellbiners "Standard Circles, large" and "Medallion TWo"

5 comments:

sandie said...

I love the spotlight colouring, very creative idea. Thanks for joining TO

Cheri said...

Love spotlight stamping and you have done a fabulous job with this sketch. Love having you part of the Rock Stars, Heather!

Deanne Saunders said...

Very pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Sandy said...

Such a pretty image, well done using a bigger die to do your spotlighting to fit in with the sketch. Thanks for entering the challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight.
Hugs,
Sandy

Cards By MI said...

Super sweet card. Lovely image and design. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this week.
Love n hugs
Marie