Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Soft Fern

Father's Day card #2!  So many "man" cards to make before Sunday!  I've had this fern image inked up and sitting in my bits and pieces stash for years (literally, years).  I could never make it work before, but I finally found some papers that went with it, and . . . I love how it turned out.

Challenges:
Milk Coffee Challenge--for dad/special male
Sister Act Card Challenge #60--anything goes
Verve's June Diva Dare--A man's world
{Pin}spirational Challenge #111--inspiration photo (I went with the Father's Day and outdoor themes)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982010199204/
Sweet Stamps #173--for dad
Tuesday Throwdown #199--For the boys
Word Art Wednesday #136--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafty Creations #265--tic-tac-toe (I chose the middle column: embossing (the fern is embossed with clear powder and then sponged with green ink), ribbon, masculine)
My Favorite Things #180--sketch
MFTWSC180

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes fern image; Verve "Happy Thoughts" sentiment

6 comments:

Debi said...

This turned out beautifully. The colors and papers are perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck.
Debi TT DT

Colleen said...

A great masculine card!

Marisa said...

Great fern image, colour combo and card. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful card, I love the layers and different paper designs. Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Heather said...

love the man cards, great ideas and inspiration.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How gorgeous. You ded that fern proud. :)