Sunday, March 2, 2014

No winter lasts forever

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely ready for spring!  I don't mind snow, but I don't like cold at all!  I think this sentiment is perfect! : )  The green scalloped oval is from my bits and pieces stash.  You can see of picture of what it (the stash) looks like right now on this post.  I'm going to try to take pictures of the stash each month; mostly for my own enjoyment but also maybe to motivate others to use up that stash.  I've also had the dotted ribbon for a LONG time and just could not make it work.  I picked my color scheme based on the ribbon to make sure I could use some.  It was only a tiny piece, but it is a start.

Challenges:
Viva La Verve February week 2--sketch

The Squirrel & The Fox #64--something spooled (ribbon)
Word Art Wednesday #121--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafting by Designs--Spring is here, isn't it? (Colors of spring)
DRS #111--Button up!
Crafty Ribbons #78--ribbons and buttons
Sister Act #46--anything goes

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Turning a New Leaf"; Verve "Beautiful You" sentiment
Punches/dies/embossing folders: Martha Stewart butterfly punches (2); PTI "Turning A New Leaf" die; spellbinders classic ovals and scalloped ovals, large; sizzix botanicals embossing folder

3 comments:

Shelia said...

Heather, this is so lovely!! I love that sentiment, it is a great reminder that spring is coming (maybe not as quickly as I'd like) but it is coming!! Thanks for playing with us at DRS Designs.

happyglitzygirl said...

A very pretty card, love the embossing as well, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

Jo Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous...Loving the purple tones. We are so blessed you joined us last week at our Word Art Wednesday Challenge and hope you'll join us again this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Psalm 16:8 which says, "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." God bless, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com