Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thank you

I'm slowly making my Christmas "thank you" cards.  This is my most recent.  I really need to get a move on as it is time to get them sent out.  I'm very excited that I used TWO items from my scraps stash--the scalloped border and the ribbon. Yeay!  But then I added one thing--an ampersand the got cut out with the letters.  Its still a positive gain, though.  I am going to try to use up more of those things in the near future.  A little challenge for myself.

Challenges:
The Squirrel & the Fox #61--show off your new stuff (the patterned papers are new; bought them for myself for Christmas)
Die Cuttin' Divas #148--Out with the old, in with the new--use something old AND something new (the papers: new, alphabet stamps: old)
Word Art Wednesday --anything goes with uplifting sentiment
My Favorite Things #159--sketch
MFTWSC159
Divas by Design--ribbons
Southern girls--new (my papers are new and the ticket die is not new, but this is the first time I have used it)
My Heart Pieces--anything goes
Frosted Designs--polka dots
Brown Sugar #77--anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #40--anything goes
Sentimental Sundays #190--more than 3 layers (and a sentiment)
Twisted Tuesday #77--use items from at least 3 different manufacturers AND use an arrow (Fiskars, spellbiners, PTI, Recollections, American Crafts{ribbon}, Taylored Expressions {rhinestones})

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Fresh Alphabet"
Dies/punches: spellbinders circles, large, ticket die, and arrow die; PTI alphabet die; Fiskars apron border punch
Papers: Recollections (Michael's brand name)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Heather I use scraps as therapy and fun. I have gone a little artsy with them but as they say, to each tier own. This is so sweet. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your inspirational art with us today.
I pray that Bountiful Blessings come your way,
Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

L.B. said...

love the colors combo on this and the cute sketch works so well. Thanks for playing with DCD

cass said...

Wonderful project, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

Karen Letchworth said...

This is great, Heather. I'm always SO delighted to see your sweet cards linked up to our challenges. Thanks for sharing with us, and have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Brandi Matos said...

LOVE this card Heather!!! Those papers are beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

Aunty Sue said...

Love This The Layout And Colours Thanks For Sharing At Divas

Lizzie R said...

Christmas thank you cards? Good for you! this one is soooo cute! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Mirella said...

Lovely card, I can't believe people still have the strength to make thank-you cards after Christmas, after all the Xmas creations! ;-) Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Mirella

Chitra Nair said...

Such a fabulous card... Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!!!

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful card... Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!!!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Very interesting card project-love the Spring color used! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls challenge!
Carolyn, DT

Lynne said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a lovely creation. I love the colours you used.

Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Rocio De Alba said...

What a terrific thank you card. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Sentimental Sundays.

hugs,
Rocio - DT

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the fox challenge blog with our new stuff challenge . Hugs Tania (DT) xx

Sindhu said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays! All the best!
Sindhu.