Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tall and skinny?

The Mojo Monday sketch challenge this week is to create a tall and skinny card.  I've had a bunch of long, thin card blanks for quite a while.  Someone gave them to me and I just never really used them as I don't have envelopes to fit.  But for Christmas I got the Envelope Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers, so now I don't have an excuse not to use those blanks.  My card is not tall and skinny, but it is long and skinny.  I had to use some items from my "bits and pieces" stash and they fit better when I flipped the sketch.  After making my the card in my previous post I had two items to add to the bits and pieces stash, and the point is to eliminate it, not add to it.  So, I had to figure out a way to use the two ovals that I had cut out.  The sentiment oval was already in the stash, and the plaid oval was perfect for a frame, I just needed to trim the black to fit in between.   Also, the two little black flourishes were in the stash.  Yeay, it's getting much smaller.  Of course, now it's going to get harder, too, since I'm using up the "good" stuff. : )

Challenges:
The Stamping Chef #14--anything goes
Creative Inspirations #250--stamping
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge #13--ribbon & bows
Mojo Monday #330--tally and skinny sketch

Timeless Tuesday #256--use purple

Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Joyful Blooms" flowers; PTI "Through the Trees" sentiment
Dies/embossing folders: spellbinders classic ovals, large; Sizzix botanicals embossing folder

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a Gorgeous Design, thank you for joining with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, we would love it if you joined us again next week for another fun challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner ~ Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
XX

Fabiola said...

superbe Heather, elle est charmante et très poétique, biz

NGCARDS said...

This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

Unknown said...

How pretty! Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge. Good luck!

Amanda said...

Hi, lovely Thankyou card. Thankyou to you aswell for joinging us at TSC. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon
Hugs Amanda (DT)

Katie Sims said...

What a beautiful tall and skinny card! I never think to do these! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)