Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bordered sentiment

 Papertrey Ink always has really fun and interesting challenges in their Make it Monday series.  This week it was to create bordered sentiments using a maksing technique.  It is really so cool.  Can you believe this is acutally a one layer card?!  All done on 1/2 sheet of white cardstock.  Of course, while figuring out what to do with the challenge (allthough I already had a pretty good idea of what I was going to do) I had to pull out one of my most used sets "Guide Lines 2" from PTI.  It is so awesome for creating backgrounds and patterned paper looks.  I acutally used 4 stamps from the set to create the pattern.  You can see it a little better in the picture below and you can also (sort of) see the glitter glue I added to the centers of some of the elements and the glitter pen I used one some of the black elements.
Challenges:
Make it Monday#71--Bordered Sentiments
Delightful Challenges--anything goes
Our Daily Bread Designs #112--3 or more stamps (I used 5--4 elements from the Guide Lines 2 set and one sentiment)

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Guide Lines 2"; Rubbernecker stamps "Garden Phrases Set"
Ink: PTI Ocean Tides; black
Additional items: black marker (borders), two clear rhinestones; glitter pen, glitter glue

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

what a pretty card! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!