Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Snowpenguin

 This is my second week as Guest Designer on the For Fun Challenges blog.  It's been lots of fun.  These week the theme is "Snowmen" and our awesome sponsor is Dearie Dolls.  The prize is 3 images that are showcased on the For Fun Blog.  And they are CUTE!!  I chose to use this adorable little penguin snowman (or snowpenguin) and his two buddies.  And be very impressed--I used markers for the coloring!  I never use markers (probably because I can't afford the really good ones) since I have a hard time creating any shading with them.  But I liked how it turned out this time and the marker colors matched the paper a whole lot better than my colored pencils would have.  I used the Viva La Verve May week 4 sketch and the C.R.A.F.T. recipe challenge: 2 or more designer papers, add a tag and use glitter.  I used a glitter pen to color the falling snowflakes and some chunky glitter for the snow on the ground.  You can see the "snow" better in the picture below and you can also see that I used flocking on the hat pom-pom and the collar of the girl penguin's coat.  Come and play along this week; you can get a jumpstart on your Christmas cards or add to your growing stash.
Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey Christmas pack
Stamps: Dearie Dolls digital image, sentiment from Verve's "Ornamental Christmas"
Dies: Spellbinders scalloped tags and Floral Doily Motifs
Ribbon: SU!

1 comment:

Helen Dooley said...

I thank you so much for being our GDT member. Especially during our last week. you did an awesome job, and were so glad you were with us.