Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One hit wonder

This week's Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge #10 is to create a one-layer card.  Now, I am not good at using lots of layers, but using only one and making it interesting is hard!!  Guess that's why it's a "challenge".  I am also entering this in the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge to use traditional Christmas colors (red and green).  All the stamps I used are from Verve's "Ornamental Christmas" (the tree branch, ornament, which is three pieces, and the sentiment).  I used a black pen and a ruler to create a border around the opposite side of the card to balance it out.  It still needed a little something, so I added a trio of silver flowers which have been sitting on my desk waiting to be used for something Christmas-y.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a beautiful one layer card - enough detail without too much fussiness - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 72 - hope to see you again soon. x

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful ... Well done!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Ha! So glad I am not the only one who thought this week's one layer challenge was a true challenge. I think you handled it very well :>) The bough really works well as a frame.
Thanks for joining in the Christmas stamping fun at CSAYL!!!

Lisa Lara said...

What a gorgeous box Heather. So happy you joined our CDS blog hop!