Tuesday, May 15, 2012

From my Kitchen . . .

 This is my first ever entry into a JustRite Stampers challenge (#72: create a 3-D project) and it was quite a challenge since I only have one stamp set from them: From My Kitchen Set (I love their stamps, just haven't had the available funds to purchase any more).  So, I had to be creative and hopefully I used enough to fit the requirements.  I'm also entering the Timeless Tuesday #169 alphabet challenge (pick one letter and use at least 3 supplies/elements: I chose "R" for ribbon, roses, and round die cuts) and the Our Daily Bread Designs photo inspiration challenge.  I chose photo #4, which you can see below. 
A very kind and generous woman from our church came out earlier this spring and helped us trim our apple and pear trees.  As a thank you, I wanted to give her something and my homemade strawberry jam was just the thing.  My Time Made Easy has this awesome template (Jam Packed) that is designed for gifting jars of jam/jelly or anything else that can be packaged in a 1/2 pint jar.  Check out the last picture to see the inside of the box.  I started by stamping this gorgeous rose from PTI's "Year of Flowers: Collection" all over the box and then colored them with colored pencil.  That was a much better idea in my head!  I got so tired of coloring!!!
For the label on top, which turned out to be perfect for showcasing part of my Justrite Stampers set, I used a spellbinders Label 5 die, a classic circles, large die which I stamped with one of the borders from "From My Kitchen", another, smaller classic circles, large die on which I stamped the rose again.  I then stamped, colored and cut out parts of the rose and layered them all together with foam tape.  The photo above shows the depth of the rose and the photo below gives a better look at the label.
Then I made the little tag for the bow using a sentiment from the "From My Kitchen" set and a lightly stamped version of the rose all on a classic circles, large die.
To dress up the jar of jam a bit, I used a classic scalloped circles, large die and a classic circles, large die that I stamped with the same border as the label on top of the box.  Doesn't the box insert fit the jar perfectly!?

7 comments:

Marie said...

What a lovely decorated 3 D box. Beautifully spaced roses. Thanks for sharing at FTTC.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful box. I love how you used the flower for the background and focal.

Sheri said...

This is a lovely box! I would love a gift like that! Thanks for entering your first challenge with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful gift box Heather and it matches the inspiration challenge. Thanks for playing along with the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

Beate said...

Beautiful box, Heather! Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful project! Beautifully done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Heather, this is a beautiful *R* card! Awesome details! Hugs ~S~