Monday, April 2, 2012

Family photo

Ok, it's not an actual photo of my family, but a stamped version is almost as cute! For this card, I used the Viva La Verve April week 1 sketch, the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge to use a sketch (either the one they provided or another of your choosing), the Crimbo Crackers #12 challenge to create a Holiday project showing families, and the Crafty Hazelnut's "Get sentimental" challenge (use a sentiment on your card). The main stamp set I used is "All in the Family" from SU! It has all these interchangeable body stamps that you can use to create all different people. It is kind of time consuming and you definitely need a stamp-a-ma-jig to line everything up properly, but the families you can create with it are limitless (or nearly so anyway). If I had room in my oval, I would have included our dog and two cats, too! The sentiment is from Verve's "Ornamental Christmas" (the charming oval die is also from Verve) and our family name was created with a Martha Stewart Christmas set (along the lines of the Justrite Stampers customizable sets: letters, numbers, phrases, etc) that I got on clearance this year.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

That stamp is such a fab idea - what a cool card! - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 66 - hope to see you again soon. x

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Ok, how cute is this???!!! Love your card. I agree it would be time consuming to mass produce but sooo sooo fun. So glad you joined us at CSAYL this week :>)

Patricia Chalas said...

Lovely image very cute!!
thanks for joining us at CSAYL!

Tip Top said...

Such a great idea! I've seen the stamp set! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers