Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A day of sunshine

This makes me so ready for summer! The sketch is Viva La Verve February 2012 week 4 and I also used the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge to use variegated colors. This was a very simple card after I picked the rainbow colors and figured out how wide to make the stripes. Then I sprayed the strip with spray adhesive and sprinkled on some white glitter. It add sparkle and muted the colors a bit which was a added benefit. The sentiment is from Verve's "Celebrating You", the dragonflies are from PTI's "Places, Please" and I inked them with blue and added a bit of green onto the tips of the wings and tail. Then I colored them over with glitter pen to add the shimmer of dragonfly wings.

1 comment:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Heather - tis is such a pretty card - love those colours, along with the shimmer and the sentiment - a gorgeous take on this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team