Tuesday, August 24, 2010

JUGS 47


This weeks JUGS challenge is a color challenge: Teal, hot pink, lime. These are not my usual colors at all, and I wasn't going to take part in the challenge until I realized I needed a card to send to my sister. Then I remembered that I had some bright pink and lime paper that I had gotten free for something and had never used. So, I decided to give the challenge a try. My card is 3 1/2 square, so there isn't a lot of room to work with, so I had to keep it simple. I matted a piece of the freebie paper on a turquoise card, stamped the sentiment (from Verve) in the corner and drew a line around the entire paper square. Then punched out a butterfly and glued it on with the wings bent up.

3 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

THis is super pretty! I'm glad you decided to try these hot colors and I love the simple teal pen line border! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Lisa Kind said...

Well I'm glad we were able to bring out your creativeness using our JUGs colors! Always nice to step out of your comfort zone. This is very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Andrea M said...

Such a cool card and a wonderful use of the challenge colors! Great job :) Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!