Thursday, April 8, 2010

JUGS sketch challenge


I (as well as many others it seems) have a difficult time making masculine cards. But as it is my husband's great-uncle's birthday this week, I had to tackle one. I have a lot of flowery stamps, which are not good for men at all, but I did have this seashell stamps. Since we live in a coastal area, I decided to go with a sea theme. I sponged waves onto my vellum layer, and created a "porthole" to frame my focal image. This JUGS sketch was interesting and took a lot playing around to make it work, but it was fun.

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

Heather, I especially LOVE your card because I am such a beach person. LOVE your sponged waves! LOVE your "porthole" looking out at the shells! And the ribbon is just so perfect both in color and texture for your masculine card! He will be amazed that you made it just for him!