Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sweet Stop and JUGS combined

This week I decided to use the JUGS challenge to make something using a template and combine it with the Sweet Stop sketch of the week to create a gift for a friend. It might be a birthday present or a just thinking of you kind of thing--we'll see. Combining challenges is a good way to use supplies on multiple projects as you can see from how I used both negative and positive images from chipboard (check out the "F" on both items). The green card stock is from PTI (spring moss, I think), the blue is from SU as are the jeweled brads and navy ribbon, the "friends" paper is from DCWV. The quarter medallion is from fiskars and the "friend" stamp (used on the chipboard letters) is also from SU! I created my template from a food product box from a Christmas gift basket (see the final picture)--you never know how something is going to come in useful!









3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Heather! This is wonderful! So creative! I love how you recycled a box to use as your template! The pastel colors look so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you Saturday for an all new challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow, this looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at The Sweet Stop!

AKiteFlier said...

Great job Heather - I love that you saved and used a fun box as your idea - I used to do that! Thanks for playing along with Just Us GIrls this week - good to have you here.