Thursday, March 11, 2010

JUGS23

For this JUGS challenge, I tried to go very simple, but elegant. One layer and three strands of fiber. All three strands are from the same fiber, I just tied knots in the two outer ones. The sentiment is from Damask Designs by PTI and the other samps are from a new set I just got: Flourishes by Fiskars. The center "medallion" is actually a corner stamp that I stamped twice to make a semi-circle. I wanted to do a full circle, but it was way too large. This card is an example of how errors can turn into something nice. I had to add the dark blue medallions to cover up a smudge and I had planned to use the Happy Birthday stamp at the bottom of the card, but had to place it in the center to cover up a pencil mark that would NOT erase. So, there is hope for every little slip.

No comments: