Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sweet Stop 44








As soon as I saw this sketch I knew how I wanted my card to look. And then I totally changed the execution of it. This is one of my favorite stamps from Inkadinkado. I stamped it onto four separate panels and since it doesn't fill up the fourth panel, it left the perfect place for the "Happy Mother's Day" stamp (from Sweet 'n Sassy). I punched out two flowers, trimmed off the points to make them look more like the stamped flower, layered them with a heart shaped brad and two hand cut leaves. The card is 5x5 with a 3/4 inch overlap on the bottom. The bottom flap tucks in under the panel on the front which is popped up on foam tape. I then dressed up the inside with my uppercrest punch by fiskars and another stamped flower from Inkadinkado. The sentiment, which says "May the simple joys of life fill this special day and be yours throughout the coming year." is from SU!




















No comments: